Sunday, January 3, 2010

Daft Bits - Around Da Chip!

Daft Punk's "Around the World" (one of my least favorite songs by them, if I can be honest) remixed quite heavily and recreated using FM Synthesis, the technique of sound generation that gave Sega consoles (most memorably the Genesis/Master System era ones) a sound very different from that of other consoles (SNES which came earlier and PS1 which came after were both pretty much sample-based, though I believe SNES had basic waveform generators, but I'm not completely certain).

In short, music that I can't help but love.

And just like that, I'm caught up!! Well, for the days I missed over New Year's, anyway. Still have a few to make up from the Blip Trip, but I'll get around to it.



Daft Bits' website

The 8BC page (leave a comment!)

Get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment